The major role of an Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting is to teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses delivered by the Department as well as teach the associated programmes offered by the school. Research is a vital part of the job description.
Undertaking an individual or a team of individuals is a choice for the concerned job. The level of research should be such that it can be published in internationally-rated Accounting and/or Finance journals.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting Jobs in USA 2019
Table of Contents
Associate Professor’s job entails supervising research students and providing them with the insights related to the topic of research. Leadership qualities are a must in order to promote rigorous research and educational activities amongst the assistant professor as well as students.
- Being a professor is a full-time job and most importantly, it is a responsible job as well. shaping the future of hundreds of students, an Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting should know their responsibilities and should be able to facilitate the same.
- Develop course material based on appropriate studies and research
- Teach accounting and finance courses that include business courses, upper-level accounting as well as principles of accounting
- To undertake administrative duties as directed by the Head of Department
- To represent the Department at conferences and seminars
- To promote the image and reputation of the Department and School in the wider academic and business community
- To engage in other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required
- Engagement students by planning to foster student learning and stimulate class discussion
- Maintain the record of students, counseling them for their future goals, and assess their work
- Promote research activities as well as help students and assistant colleagues to conduct fruitful and accurate researches
- Contribute to the related field by publishing findings based on specific topics. Preparing reports based on important insights
1. Ph.D. in Accounting from an accredited university will be given priority/MBA or Masters of Accountancy (MAcc).
2. Should be able to Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Should have a willingness to advise and assist students in their career development.
4. A desire to lead the expansion of the accounting program and the International School of Business as a whole.
5. For an appointment at the Associate level, should have significant accounting teaching experience at a college or university with excellent teaching evaluations.
1. An earned doctorate in accounting or finance.
2. Professional certification (CPA, CMA, CFA).
3. Full-time teaching experience at the university level
4. Real-world work experience in an accounting firm or as a managerial accountant.
5. Desire and/or experience in teaching and integrating practical accounting applications in addition to accounting theory and techniques into the curricula
6. Knowledge of QuickBooks and other relevant accounting software
7. Significant record of publications in refereed journals in the accounting area and/or evidence of other scholarly contributions