Assistant Controller: The Assistant Controller reporting to the CFO is a key contributor to the corporate finance strategy for the organization. The role has high visibility and will work closely with Sales Leadership. The ideal candidate needs to be a team player who possesses the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
The successful candidate, managing a finance team, will lead the review and assessment of worldwide orders, review contracts, set revenue recognition, coordinate bookings forecasts, and resulting revenue forecasting, and manage the invoicing and collections cycle.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and structure customer and reseller orders for revenue while partnering with Sales and Legal personnel to ensure compliance with company policies and to creatively resolve potential revenue recognition issues
- Manage and mentor a growing finance team focused on the complete bookings to cash cycle including approving bookings in Salesforce through to reporting to invoicing to collections. Also includes accounting for deferred revenue and commissions
- Oversee the worldwide bookings and revenue close
- Drive the optimization and utilization of Salesforce and NetSuite for streamlined order processing, bookings & revenue reporting
- Maintain worldwide revenue recognition policies and procedures and improve supporting processes
- Report key performance customer and product indicators in order to identify business trends
- Support with the Corporate Controller the annual audit with Audit firm
- Support the annual budget process for a revenue area
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and reporting systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the required reports for local, state, and federal regulations
- Knowledge of federal, state and other programs
- Strong oral and written communications, and human relations skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to employ advanced computer technology to improve business practices
- Considerable knowledge and proficiency with client/server and desktop computer applications and database reporting tools. Ability to interpret and communicate functional issues with technical and nontechnical staff.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate business processes using continuous improvement principles. Knowledge and purpose of the employee Professional Growth Systems (PGS)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in accounting, business or public administration required. Master’s degree preferred.
Progressively responsible experience in accounting operations (preferably in a public service setting) utilizing computer support
Read More – best online MBA programs
Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered