Director Fp&A Jobs: If you are looking to make your career as an analyst, then this is the job for you. Explaining financial figures to partners as well as clients, helping business leaders understand the number based on accurate analysis, and explaining the impact after projecting the correct figures is a major part of the job.
A Director FP&A is smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, and is able to tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. This role entails working closely with the senior management such as SVP, CFO. Robust communication and presentation skills are a must.
Director Fp&A Jobs, Employment in USA 2019
- Undertake key business drivers for long-term sustainable growth, as well as develop specific policies, predictive analytics, and reporting tools to support the Company in achieving that growth
- Make innovative decisions that optimize resource allocation, growth investments, and risk management
- Perform an essential function within the company by serving as the primary leader of a strategic global reporting, planning and forecasting process/system
- Evaluates division’s costs and budgets to identify cost and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Division’s senior management team to develop and manage the division’s pricing strategy
- Gather requirements, select a vendor, design, and roll out the global reporting solution
- The lead project team which comprises of diverse stakeholders, ensuring a high level of engagement and communication
- Monitor and develop long-term plans for sustained growth
- Must possess strong analytical, decision-making, project management, and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results should be one of the major traits
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business units and driving results through collaboration
- Able to present complex financial analyses in an understandable format to inform and influence stakeholders
- Solid written as well as communication skills for presenting reports confidently
- Ability to solve problems, including the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend/implement response strategies
- Should be a team player and should be able to motivate and direct the team towards the right goals
- Should be proficient in building five-year plans and KPIs, influencing change, building the business case for new product launches and analyzing the viability of the business’ expansion into new territories
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization
- System savvy individual, strong financial modeling capability, highly proficient in excel, power point, and financial planning systems.
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, driving for results and opportunities to maximize profitability and enhance return on invested capital
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics, MBA preferable
- 5-10 years prior finance or accounting experience, preferably in finance leadership roles.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA highly preferred.
- Hyperion, Essbase and JD Edwards experience will be preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting and fund accounting principle
- Master knowledge of financial concepts and application experience in a variety of environments including ROI, NPV, EVA, financial statement analysis, WACC, time value of money, etc.