Director of Government Business Development Jobs in USA 2019: Director of Government and Business Development is a highly motivated and passionate sales leader. Knowledge of Government and Public Services sector along with business development consulting is a major trait for this job profile. The key trait is experienced in delivery and engagement management.
Director of Government and Business Development is able to exercise new sales, maximize the value of each relationship, driving recurrent revenue and platform solutions, ensure high net customer expansion through renewals and cross-sell, and optimize the mix of solutions sold.
Director of Government Business Development Jobs in USA 2019
Table of Contents
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership is the key to this trade and execution of the sales, in-year revenue and profitability are what drives it.
Develop government strategy for the business including identifying future revenue streams
Be a thought-leader for the company when representing analytical solutions in the region
Partner with the regional and divisional Leadership team of the company to develop a plan and beyond to support their strategic imperatives and execute against same
Take a lead role in winning major company deal bids, RFPS and cross-selling company value-added services
Build peer relationships and become a trusted advisor with senior/executive level government institutions in the region, capturing implicit needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem
Build and lead a senior, high performing, motivated and diverse team that cuts across all of the business lines and value propositions
Build direct customer relationships with current and target Federal Clients that span primarily the DOD/IC space and also serve the FED/CIV sector
Build and manage an effective capture team to close existing opportunities adjacent to existing projects and aggressively managing the sales process
- Excellent people leadership skills, with both direct and indirect teams, with the ability to lead and inspire from the front through a combination of compelling communication and clear action are some of the major skills required in this profession.
- Strong commercial drive with the ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Strong business development and sales background with a focus on driving long-term client relationships and within the government sector, preferably consulting background
- Exhibits leadership courage; challenges poor decisions and stands up for the purpose and principles of good business
- Thoughtful decision-maker with a bias toward action and ability to handle ambiguity
- Strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground and influence in order to effectively advance the strategy and generate revenue
- Must possess specific knowledge and success selling to the Intelligence Community, specifical stakeholders
- Must have a strong command of government research projects relating to satellite and remote sensing technology
- Should have the ability to guide and lead complex government projects with multiple stakeholders over the lifetime of the relationship
- Must possess strong communication and translation skills between the customer and your co-workers
Read More – best online mba programs
- Ideally Consultancy background from either Top-Tier Strategy Houses or Management Consultancy Firm
- 10+ years of experience in business development related to professional services, with demonstrated success growing business
- Established network and extensive customer and competitor knowledge
- Ability to integrate within existing business structures while proposing and building consensus to implement positive change and innovation
- Experience to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance workloads
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree is required