Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager Review 2019: Government affairs and public policy manager conducts research to meet and monitor policy goals and overseeing the communication and activities of a particular group. They work closely with the state, local and federal government along with the media and coordinate legislative efforts.
An essential part of their job is to help their organization meet legislative goals by creating policy proposals and working with government agencies and citizens. This job entails working with a group of staff members and perform research, manage internal and external communication, and contact various media outlets.
Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager Review 2019
Table of Contents
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Should be able to conduct research and monitor legislation
- Ability to track happenings within the government that could affect their organization
- Ability to research policies to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact their company in the future
- Should know how to manage staff members and oversee employees, as well as ensure message continuity
- Ability to prepare summaries and analyze various legislations and materials obtained from elevated officials and regulatory members
- Should be able to develop relationships with various public officials and implement all public policies to achieve all objectives
- Willing to participate and plan various community programs and assist to implement all strategies effective according to company business
- Must be able to prepare various government strategies on assign region and maintain good relations with various city officials
- Should be able to organize, manage, and communicate our plans, initiatives, and strategy, using analytical and organizational skills
- Is required to work closely with Product, Business, Engineering, and other teams
- Ability to engage directly with policymakers, industry players and key opinion formers to shape policy and political communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Law, Sociology, Human Rights, Psychology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience working on technology policy issues within government think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Experience constructing essays, briefs, and policy arguments
- Experience delivering speeches, presenting before internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Internet/social media content issues
- Experience with thinking analytically and solving problems
- Experience working and thinking independently and as part of a team
- Experience at a technology company or similar organization working on technology policy issues with international implications.
- Experience within the digital advertising industry and familiarity with the Internet, advertising technologies and the surrounding policy environments.
- Ability to evaluate issues independently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated experience advising product or engineering teams.
- Team player, with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Legal or advocacy experience
Related Tags: MBA Online in USA
Related Tags: Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager 2019