Legal Entity Controller: Our Glasgow Finance Division helps senior management and its individual business units manage the firm’s risk by implementing financial controls over our business activities.
The division is important to safeguarding the firm’s franchise evaluating business opportunities and reporting on current performance.
Legal Entity Controller Jobs in USA 2019 [Updated!]
The Legal Entity Controller (LEC) role is key in the legal entity control framework model and responsible for the management and control of the firm’s legal entities.
The Glasgow LEC team manages over two-thirds (c. 600) of the Firm’s consolidated subsidiary population across the Sales and Training, Asset Management, Real Estate, Infrastructure, and IBD Business. Primary responsibilities include:
• Preparing and presenting timely, relevant and value-added information on entities to Finance senior management
• Supporting the Business Units by adapting the entity’s ledgers and systems to support requirements
• Co-ordination of all legal entity activity with key internal experts, such as tax, legal, treasury, etc.
• Other ad hoc tasks and entity related projects as required
• How to apply:
• Click on the apply button and enter 3014204 into the job number field.
• Skills / Experience
• Candidates for the role should be accountancy qualified, ideally with experience of financial services/products and financial reporting and display the following skill set:
• CA, CIMA, ACCA qualified
• Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative & problem-solving abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work to and manage a team to tight deadlines
• Strong appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
• Strong client relationship abilities
• Analytical skills with a control focus and high regard for attention to detail
• Critical thinking in order to challenge processes, solve for ad hoc queries and creativity to suggest alternative approaches
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to deal with colleagues/clients of all levels
• The successful candidate should have a technical accounting foundation, which they are keen to develop and build upon. They should be able to demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills
As Scotland’s most populous region, the West of Scotland is home to approximately two million people. In addition to the city of Glasgow, East and West Dunbartonshire, Inverclyde, Ayrshire, North and South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire make up this captivating and eclectic part of the country as we know it. This is a region of striking contrast.
Larger areas like Glasgow are within easy reach of picturesque towns, villages and some of Scotland’s most scenic beaches, captivating wildlife and tranquil countryside. The West loves its sports – evident in its numerous outstanding leisure centers and facilities. Glasgow is one of the world’s top 10 destinations for sports events and in 2014; Glasgow hosted the 20th Commonwealth Games. MBA
The Commonwealth Arena which is newly built and adjoining Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome in the East End of Glasgow hosted badminton and cycling events for the 2014 games. In Ayrshire, you can celebrate the national poet at the Burns and a’ that Festival, admire the spectacular scenery at the Ayr Flower show or try your luck at the races at the Scottish Grand National.