Plant Controller-multi Site: This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance Departments of the plants and ensuring that all financial activities are in line with the firm’s goals and objectives.
In addition to that, there needs to be conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, compliance with government regulations and covenant obligations, and additionally, this position is needed for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical as well as accounting information to appraise profitability, capital expenditures and more importantly, the performance against budget or Plant targets. The job functions include the following:
Plant Controller-multi Site Jobs in USA 2019
- The plant controller is ultimately responsible for all monthly, quarterly as well as year-end closings
- The plant controller coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the entire control of operations
- Such a plan provides profit planning, expense budgets, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the desired plan.
- The plant controller ensures that all established policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed.
- The plant controller ensures that all department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and abided by.
- The plant controller is responsible for maximizing the efficiency of all accounting personnel, including training/development, with specific goals set and objective productivity targets;
- The plant controller is responsible for the timely preparation of all necessary and required reports by the company and plant management
- The plant controller indulges in variance reporting, KPIs, monitor performance against 3-year goals and also scorecards.
- The plant controller evaluates new technical developments and recommends appropriate actions
- The plant controller assesses the proposed systems enhancements.
- The plant controller performs other duties as requested or directed by higher ups
- The plant controller is responsible for the entire site budgeting process.
- The plant controller is an established member of the site leadership team and strategic partner to the Plant Manager.
- The plant controller provides detailed financial analysis in support of business objectives process of decision making.
- The plant controller ensures involvement in capital acquisition/planning and process for various sites.
- The plant controller is responsible for ensuring that the internal controls are maintained and all records are accurately maintained as needed.
- The plant controller supervises all other accounting personnel
Background / Experience
- The background of the plant controller should be:
- Senior Controller
- Oracle or JDE
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in or as senior accounting manager/controller role
- Manufacturing background
Education / Knowledge
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related field along with 5 years of progressive accounting experience. Knowledge of Excel, Database Management and computerized accounting systems is also required.
Strong analytical skills, efficient problem-solving skills, highly developed level of creative skills and high resourcefulness to manage the financial function is required.
- Communicating effectively
- Proper writing skills to create accurate and punctual reports
- Presentation skills
- Team building – Team player
- Shares information and ideas with others
- Good listening skills.
Basically, this position manages all employees of the department and is thus responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. This is why there are so many specifications for the role so as to make the best recruitment.