Vice President, Special Markets: The Vice-President, Special Markets, reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and is responsible for overseeing, developing and leading the strategic and tactical functions of the company, which includes small to complex initiatives.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in e-commerce operations including vendor negotiations, Open Travel Alliance, market operations, online sales, and solid managerial and operational knowledge.
Vice President, Special Markets Jobs in USA 2019
The key objective is to guide the expansion of the company network of partnerships and accommodation inventory supply through the building, establishing and maintaining account relationships.
This individual will display their experience in procurement, e-commerce and revenue management. The VP of Special Markets is expected to identify trends, optimize pricing, ensure content competitiveness and identify and secure potential sources of supply to satisfy consumer demand on company websites.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- VP, being a part of the senior executive team, has a vigorous role in the development and marketing strategy of the company.
- Develop a winning strategy, build/expand the organization, and define the required internal & external processes to drive superior commercial execution
- Leverage the existing capabilities/portfolios to create a sustainable competitive advantage meeting customer’s need
- Build and manage the Special Markets support team, which includes experts from Finance, Marketing, Education, Customer support, and other functions required for success
- Develop and communicate the unique value proposition of the company platform to the different customer segments
- Define and implement processes to drive new business growth, such as strategic account planning and funnel management
- Evaluate existing partnerships and determine actions to optimize performance.
- Define, document and iterate on the key processes including roles, activities, artifacts, workflows and change processes. Continuously assess process to ensure new opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Recommend and execute strategies and promotional activities with partners to maximize company’ accommodation availability and content competitiveness
- Assure understanding and control of sync points and dependencies within the portfolio.
- Tracking and reporting of budget vs plan.
- Serves as the primary contact for senior leadership on company status, objectives, and issues.
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Complete special assignments necessary to support business strategy
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Identify regional supply requirements in terms of product offerings and promotions to meet market demands
- Create a business case to facilitate new product creation or enhancements of existing technology, reporting, and tools
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
- Conduct market research
- Prepare presentations and materials
- Manage regular weekly/monthly supplier and internal reports
- 10+ years of a proven record of successful Special Market Management including managing large-scale initiatives through all phases of its life-cycle.
- Previous experience as Vice President or Senior Director involving special market management
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and resource budgeting.
- Three-five years of experience in sales, e-commerce and/or revenue management